CORTLAND, N.Y. (September 4, 2021) – Senior Aedan Boriotti manufactured 7 will save as the Stevens Institute of Technological innovation men’s soccer staff played to a period-opening scoreless attract at Cortland Saturday in a non-convention fixture played at Holloway Industry.
Cortland’s Braden Melveney produced 4 saves for the Red Dragons to maintain the twin clean sheet.
The attract pushed Stevens’ document to –1, whilst Cortland moved to -1-1. The contest was a rematch of the 2017 NCAA Event second round contest, which was also contested at Holloway Discipline. The teams have in no way satisfied in Hoboken. The consequence saved Stevens unbeaten in its very last four season openers and is the first attract on opening times considering the fact that a – tie with then-No. 17 Arcadia University on Sept. 1, 2005.
The Ducks completed with 16 shots and potentially had their greatest possibility to find the back again of the web in the 54th moment. Graduate pupil Cristiano Hocken directed a header toward the crease from 10 yards out only for Melveney to thwart the scoring option. Senior Jay Poskitt was in placement to send Stevens on to victory in the last minute, getting himself open up in a dangerous scoring situation, but Melveney dove to crack up a go headed to the Stevens attacker.
The contest marked the 1st countable intercollegiate competition for the Ducks considering the fact that Nov. 6, 2019 – a span of 668 times.
- With fewer than two minutes remaining in the 2nd overtime, Boriotti produced a splendid save on a just one-timer from Mike Hunsucker from beyond the 18.
- The senior goalkeeper produced two will save in the initially 50 % and 3 in the 2nd, whilst also generating a pair of will save in time beyond regulation to marshall his eighth vocation cleanse sheet.
- In his Stevens debut, graduate college student Tyler Dressman cleared Ian Blugh’s header in the 41st moment to gain a group save.
Within the Figures
- Cortland held a trim 17-16 margin in shots. Just about fifty percent of Cortland’s attempts (8) ended up on-intention. Jack Coleman led all individuals with 6 photographs, whilst seniors Adam Silva and Sean Masur paced Stevens with 4.
- Each team acquired 6 corners.
- The contest marked the most up-to-date begin to a period for the application considering the fact that at minimum 2000.
- Dressman drew the start in his to start with activity as a Duck, alongside fellow newcomer, junior Michael Gomez. Very first-several years Adam Berrocal, Emerico Vespucci, and Zach Orrico, joined sophomores Jack Seitz and Dylan Maund in making their collegiate debuts. Graduate university student John Caracappa also built his Stevens debut.
From the Sidelines – Head Mentor Dale Jordan
- “Feels so good to be back at it! It was a superior commence to the season against an unbelievably rough opponent. I was happy that so many men contributed right now and I thought our defensive team actually set in an fantastic effectiveness.”
- “We will put now guiding us and prep for a huge recreation versus a nationally-rated opponent on their property field tomorrow.”
Up Up coming
- Men’s Soccer stays in the Empire State for a non-convention fixture versus No. 23 Ithaca University on Sunday, Sept. 5.
- Previously annual opponents in the Empire 8 Convention, the teams very last fulfilled through the regular season in 2016, with the Bombers coming absent with a 1- victory, snapping the Ducks’ five-match profitable streak in the all-time collection. Sunday’s contest will be the 3rd straight contested in upstate New York.
- Inbound links for dwell stats and video are accessible on StevensDucks.com.
Fb: “Like” Stevens Athletics