FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif.–(Organization WIRE)–Jun 28, 2021–
Kingston Electronic, Inc., the flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a planet leader in memory items and technologies alternatives, nowadays announced the availability of the DC1500M, a U.2 facts center NVMe ™ PCIe SSD for combined-use workloads. Leveraging a significant-overall performance Gen 3. x4 PCIe NVMe layout, the DC1500M provides predictable random IO performance as effectively as predictable latencies above a extensive assortment of workloads.
This press launch options multimedia. Perspective the full launch in this article: https://www.businesswire.com/information/household/20210628005130/en/
Kingston DC1500M U.2 NVMe PCIe SSD provides enhanced company-quality endurance with regular latency and IOPS overall performance. (Picture: Business enterprise Wire)
“DC1500M adds aid for a number of namespaces making it suitable for environments which include virtualization and world wide web web hosting,” explained Keith Schimmenti, Organization SSD Small business Manager, Kingston. “From superior-performance cloud solutions, media capture and transportation to a selection of large-facts apps, DC1500M sets the normal for purposes the place QoS and predictability of functionality are paramount. Data centers want drives that are dependable, have serviceable variety aspects and are geared up with the business-grade functions that make it less complicated to maintain SLAs.”
DC1500M is designed with long-expression overall performance in thoughts providing a large-general performance Gen 3. x4 NVMe PCIe interface to guarantee substantial throughput and minimal latency in new and present info center platforms. The generate provides dependable browse/create latencies of <110 µs / <206 µs, respectively. Additionally, adopting the U.2 form factor allows current Gen 3.0 and Gen 4.0 servers and storage arrays to immediately utilize existing PCIe slots and U.2 backplanes while maintaining serviceability with hot-pluggable drives.
Building on the success of previous Kingston U.2 NVMe SSDs, the new DC1500M drive boasts advanced enterprise-class features to enhance long-term performance in high-availability environments. These include end-to-end data path protection, multiple namespace management, power loss protection (PLP), and telemetry monitoring for increased data center reliability.
DC1500M joins the DC1000B NVMe boot drive, the VMware Ready™DC500 series SATA SSDs and DC450R to form the most complete range of superior enterprise-class data center storage solutions on the market. The drives are backed by Kingston’s legendary pre- and post-sales support and a five-year limited warranty 1. DC1500M is available in 960GB, 1.92TB, 3.84TB and 7.68TB capacities 2. For more information, visit kingston.com.
DC1500M Data Center U.2 NVMe SSD
960GB DC1500M Data Center U.2 NVMe SSD
1920GB DC1500M Data Center U.2 NVMe SSD
3840GB DC1500M Data Center U.2 NVMe SSD
7680GB DC1500M Data Center U.2 NVMe SSD
DC1500M SSD Features & Specifications
- Data Center NVMe Performance:Incredible I/O consistency with speeds of up to 3GB/s and up to 510K IOPS.
- Enterprise-Class Mixed-Use Storage: An exceptional balance of consistent I/O delivery with high read and write IOPS performance to manage a wide range of transactional workloads.
- Reduce Application Latencies: Quality of Service (QoS) delivers ultra-low transactional latency for large data sets and various web-based applications.
- On-board Power Loss Protection (PLP): Enterprise-class protection to reduce possibility of data loss or corruption on ungraceful power fails.
- Form Factor: U.2, 2.5″ x 15mm
- Interface: NVMe PCIe Gen 3.0 x4
- Capacities1: 960GB, 1.92TB, 3.84TB, 7.68TB
- NAND: 3D TLC
- Sequential Read/Write:
- 960GB – 3,100/1,700MB/s
- 1.92TB – 3,300/2,700MB/s
- 3.84TB – 3,100/2,700MB/s
- 7.68TB – 3,100/2,700MB/s
- Steady-State 4k Read/Write2:
- 960GB – 440,000/150,000 IOPS
- 1.92TB – 510,000/220,000 IOPS
- 3.84TB – 480,000/210,000 IOPS
- 7.68TB – 420,000/200,000 IOPS
- Latency2 3 4: 99.9 – Read/Write: <110 µs / <206 µs
- Static and Dynamic Wear Leveling: Yes
- Power Loss Protection (Power Caps): Yes
- Namespace Management Support: Yes – 64 Namespaces supported
- Enterprise Diagnostics: Telemetry, Media Wear, Temperature, Health and Error Logs, etc.
- 960GB — (1 DWPD/5yrs) 5 6, (1.6 DWPD/3yrs) 5 6
- 1.92TB — (1 DWPD/5yrs) 5 6, (1.6 DWPD/3yrs) 5 6
- 3.84TB — (1 DWPD/5yrs) 5 6, (1.6 DWPD/3yrs) 5 6
- 7.68TB — (1 DWPD/5yrs) 5 6, (1.6 DWPD/3yrs) 5 6
- Power Consumption:
- 960GB – Idle: 6.30W Average Read: 6.21W Average Write: 11.40W
- Max Read: 6.60W Max Write: 12.24W
- 1.92TB – Idle: 6.60W Average Read: 6.30W Average Write: 13.7W
- Max Read: 6.63W Max Write: 15.36W
- 3.84TB – Idle: 6.80W Average Read: 6.40W Average Write: 14.20W
- Max Read: 7W Max Write: 16W
- 7.68TB – Idle: 7W Average Read: 7.30W Average Write: 17.14W
- Max Read: 8.16W Max Write: 20.88W
- Operating temperature: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Dimensions: 100.09mm x 69.84mm x 14.75mm
- 960GB – 145g
- 1.92TB – 150g
- 3.84TB – 155g
- 7.68TB – 160g
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- MTBF: 2 million hours
- Warranty/support6: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support
1 Some of the listed capacity on a flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
2 Workload based on FIO, Random 4KB QD=1 workload, measured as the time taken for 99.9 percentile of commands to finish the round-trip from host to drive and to host.
3 Measurement taken once the workload has reached steady state but including all background activities required for normal operation and data reliability.
4 Based on 1920GB capacity.
5 Drives Writes Per Day (DWPD) derived from the JEDEC Enterprise Workload (JESD219A).
6 Limited warranty based on 5 years or when the usage of an NVMe SSD as indicated by Kingston’s implementation of the health attribute “Percentage Used” reaches or exceeds a normalized value of one hundred (100) as indicated by the Kingston SSD Manager (kingston.com/SSDManager). For NVMe SSDs, a new unused product will show a Percentage Used value of 0, whereas a product that reaches it warranty limit will show a Percentage Used value of greater than or equal to one hundred (100).
Kingston can be found on:
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
From big data, to laptops and PCs, to IoT-based devices like smart and wearable technology, to design-in and contract manufacturing, Kingston helps deliver the solutions used to live, work and play. The world’s largest PC makers and cloud-hosting companies depend on Kingston for their manufacturing needs, and our passion fuels the technology the world uses every day. We strive beyond our products to see the bigger picture, to meet the needs of our customers and offer solutions that make a difference. To learn more about how Kingston Is With You, visit Kingston.com.
Editor’s Note: For additional information, evaluation units or executive interviews, please contact David Leong, Kingston Technology Company, Inc. 17600 Newhope Street, Fountain Valley, CA USA 92708, 714-438-1817 (Voice). Press images can be found in Kingston’s press room here.
Kingston and the Kingston logo are registered trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. IronKey is a registered trademark of Kingston Digital, Inc. Kingston FURY and the Kingston FURY logo are trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210628005130/en/
CONTACT: Craig Tilmont
Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc.
KEYWORD: CALIFORNIA UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: DATA MANAGEMENT CONSUMER ELECTRONICS TECHNOLOGY TELECOMMUNICATIONS NETWORKS HARDWARE
SOURCE: Kingston Digital, Inc.
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 06/28/2021 09:08 AM/DISC: 06/28/2021 09:08 AM