SANTA CLARA, Calif.–(Enterprise WIRE)–Aug 31, 2021–
DataStax today announced continued sturdy momentum as additional enterprises make modern-day knowledge applications with the company’s leading databases technologies. DataStax’s flagship cloud databases, Astra DB, saw a 263 p.c yr-over-calendar year growth in registrations considering that its launch and 131 percent development in the previous 8 months from the identical time period in the earlier yr.
In the company’s 2nd quarter, which ended in July, leading makes which includes Albertsons Corporations, Barracuda Networks,Circle,DTN,OANDA, NTT Communications Corporation, Priceline, and Verinovum selected DataStax’s Astra DB and other databases offerings to ability their fashionable knowledge apps with significant efficiency, scale and availability.
What customers and companions are indicating about DataStax
- Priceline is a chief in on the web journey bargains. “Priceline has utilized DataStax Company to foster the general performance, reliability, and scalability our Cassandra database requires to guidance thousands and thousands of vacation lookups per day, leveraging true-time info from countless numbers of associates to supply the finest specials for our shoppers. As we modernize and develop far more apps for the cloud, we are fired up to faucet the electricity of DataStax Astra DB to more increase our data management agility, charge optimization, all though continuing to deliver safe and high-performant activities to our consumers everywhere in the globe.”
—Martin Brodbeck, main engineering officer, Priceline
- Barracuda Networks, Inc. is a trusted companion and foremost supplier of cloud-enabled safety remedies. “At Barracuda, we maintain a near pulse on innovations that can improve our cloud-enabled, organization-quality security methods that defend electronic mail, networks, data, and purposes. We have a historical past of partnering with DataStax for their perfectly-recognized Apache Cassandra know-how. I’m thrilled to understand that DataStax is now featuring Astra DB as a managed support, and we look ahead to even more maximizing the predictive analytics in our early warning and alerting units with richer, increased velocity knowledge interactions throughout clouds at the international scale.”
—Fleming Shi, chief engineering officer, Barracuda
- NTT Communications Company has been advertising and marketing API-1st company advancement as Wise Data Platform (SDPF). “In modern decades, as API-initial enterprise progress results in being de facto, global safety assaults are turning out to be commonplace. In “API Gateway as a Company X”, which is the core of SDPF, we are conducting a PoC with the DataStax group to detect stability challenges based on API usage utilizing DSE/Graph DB when maintaining stability very best procedures for NTT Communications’ API products and services. We believe that DataStax will participate in an vital part in enabling clients to advertise their enterprise by exposing their API expert services with larger confidence.”
—Yasuhide Kato, senior supervisor, NTT Communications Corporation
- Netlify is a internet development cloud computing associate that presents a system to construct, operate and scale modern-day net initiatives. “We’re thrilled to join forces with DataStax to give our consumers obtain to Astra DB and Astra Streaming, which allows them to establish extremely performant and extremely out there details apps at a world wide scale devoid of breaking the bank.”
—Sarfaraz Rydhan, senior director of small business progress, Netlify
- Circle Parental Controls provides written content filtering and display time administration options for households. “As a software developer, I want to commit my time crafting code, not babysitting a database. DataStax Astra DB is the perfect Database as a Company remedy since we get the effectiveness, scalability, and dependability of a Cassandra databases to query big volumes of info, but with out any problem, enabling the workforce to focus on our mission to make families’ lives far better, on-line and off.”
—Nathan Bak, principal engineer, Circle
- OANDA is a global leader in on line multi-asset buying and selling products and services, currency facts and analytics. “We chose DataStax Astra DB to underpin our information systems in our journey from on-premise to cloud-native infrastructure. Astra DB was a normal healthy simply because of their indigenous integration with GCP. The skill to speedily launch Cassandra clusters across GCP regions and zones, automatic tuning, and accelerated application enhancement with Stargate Info APIs push efficiencies for our improvement teams as we do the job to change global forex interactions with serious-time facts. DataStax affords us the important agility to obtain this whilst nonetheless conference our data protection, scalability and significant-general performance benchmarks.”
—Elliott O’Brien, main data officer, OANDA
- Verinovum is effective with healthcare payers, providers, and lover corporations to enhance the completeness, cleanliness, and precision of medical knowledge. “We use DataStax Business to speed up our curation and enrichment of disparate scientific facts, enabling our healthcare company and payer customers to provide better business and client outcomes. We are checking out DataStax Astra DB as we broaden our hybrid cloud design and our Data Curation as a Support (DCaaS) platform, for serverless flexibility with higher overall performance in processing billions of knowledge points.”
—Ryan Campbell, chief vision officer, Verinovum
DataStax’s commitment to partnering with enterprises to assistance them deliver on strategic details initiatives has been regarded by its consumers, recently earning DataStax the NorthFace ScoreBoard Services Award. This accolade is supplied to businesses who have demonstrated their dedication to heading higher than and further than for their consumers during the year.
“We’re happy of our continued expansion, and we will go on to obsess more than shoppers — it’s about our partnership and serving their requirements,” mentioned Chet Kapoor, DataStax chairman and chief government officer. “We attempt to be a trustworthy and very long-time period associate to all of our organization buyers as they make and improve a details-driven business that will enable them to continue to be competitive and get in this ‘decade of facts.’”
Other the latest DataStax highlights:
- Released Astra Streaming, an celebration streaming and messaging company built on Apache Pulsar™ and integrated with Astra DB, made to regulate data in movement and info at relaxation in multi-cloud environments.
- Opened its APAC headquarters in Singapore to capitalize on the remarkable growth potential of the APAC region, led by the soaring popularity of Astra DB, the company’s serverless database created on Apache Cassandra.
- Partnered with Netlify enabling for a thoroughly functional dynamic software on the Jamstack, an architecture that unites the ecosystem, giving developers a choice of equipment, alongside with automation and a workflow applied in modern world wide web growth.
- Included Judith Sim to the DataStax board of administrators. Judith is a nicely recognised go-to-marketplace specialist who labored for Oracle for approximately a few many years, which includes serving as Oracle’s CMO.
- Expanded the DataStax management staff with company software package market veterans Thomas Been, chief marketing and advertising officer, Chris Vogel, chief men and women officer, and Shankar Ramaswamy, head of engineering.
- Released new investigate in the Condition of the Facts Race Report, which outlines how companies are applying open up supply computer software and Kubernetes to earn with information — and how other companies can close the hole.
DataStax delivers an open up, multi-cloud details stack crafted on Apache Cassandra™, the world’s most scalable database. The company’s marquee presenting is Astra DB, the industry’s very first open, multi-cloud serverless databases. Developed on a contemporary, Kubernetes-primarily based architecture, Astra DB presents an unprecedented blend of pay-as-you-go details, simplified operations, and the freedom of multi-cloud and open resource. DataStax also presents Astra Streaming, a multi-cloud messaging and occasion streaming platform designed on Apache Pulsar™.
With DataStax, any developer or organization can now deploy knowledge at huge scale, with 100 p.c uptime, for lower expense. Right now, nearly 500 of the world’s most demanding enterprises and 50 percent of the Fortune 100 depend on DataStax to electrical power present day data apps, including The Household Depot, T-Cell, and Intuit.
© 2021 DataStax, All Legal rights Reserved. DataStax is a registered trademark of DataStax, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other nations.
Apache, Apache Cassandra, Cassandra, Apache Pulsar, Pulsar, and Apache Kafka are possibly registered emblems or trademarks of the Apache Software program Foundation or its subsidiaries in Canada, the United States, and/or other international locations.
View resource version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/information/residence/20210831005320/en/
Contact: Arlene Go
General public Relations
Key word: UNITED STATES NORTH The united states CALIFORNIA
Sector Key phrase: NETWORKS World wide web Details Management Technology Program
Copyright Company Wire 2021.
PUB: 08/31/2021 11:00 AM/DISC: 08/31/2021 11:02 AM
Copyright Business Wire 2021.